Inflatables. What on earth is an inflatable? Is it a bounce? Is it a jumper? Could it be the big ticket item that makes your event stellar? Absolutely! An inflatable is one of those truly amazing pieces of equipment that makes kids squeal and grown-ups feel ten again! But, not all inflatables are created equal. Just like with most everything in life, you get what you pay for even when it comes to inflatables! So how do you know when a vendor is just blowing hot air? When adding an inflatable to your event think take a few extra moments to confirm with your rental company the following:
- SIZE MATTERS - What are the dimensions of the inflatable? Depending on your location and number of guests, you might need to rent a bigger or smaller inflatable. Keep this in mind when you are picking your inflatable.
- WHO’S THE BOSS? - Is supervision provided for the inflatable during the rental period? While you can rent a bounce or jumper without an attendant, do you really want an unsupervised inflatable at your company picnic? Probably worth the additional cost if supervision is not included with the rental.
- BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED? - Does the rental company charge extra for generators if electricity isn't available at your event? If a generator is necessary, what type of generator are they providing? One that reproduces the same sound that your neighbor's leaf blowers make on a Sunday morning at 7:00am? Or the one, manufactured by Honda, that produces the whisper quiet of your sound machine lulling you to sleep at night with the soothing effects of the tropical rain forest.
- TICK TOCK - Think timing!! What are the hours of delivery and pick-up, and does the company charge extra if you need to keep the rental after their operating hours due to the time of your event?
- SAFETY FIRST - Safety is key in any rental situation. Make sure the rental company sets up the inflatable and ties it down properly. Double check that they have the proper insurance to protect you and your company.
Renting equipment can be tricky and that’s why Team Play recommends renting from experience trained professionals who will hand over all the important information. Our experience team of event planners has access to a wide variety of inflatables and can help with the selection process. Taking the fuss out of adding equipment to your event is one of our specialties and our staff can make sure you aren’t blowing your budget on inflatables that don’t fit the bill!